Yay! It’s time for The Captains Quiz and Halloween! If you haven’t checked out the Blog, I suggest it. Then, come back with your answers!
First, the Rules:
- To participate, answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I can see it.
- There are no right or wrong answers; there are only answers. Feel free to provide as many, or as few details as you want, at your own peril.
- You will receive a score of 1, 3, or 5 points for your response to the 10 Questions. Your answers may unlock hidden bonus points, so answer wisely.
- There are 4 Bonus Questions. The scoring for them will be kept a secret until the final results are posted.
- You have until Noon on Tuesday, October 26 to participate. The results will be posted next Wednesday.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. Rank your top five favourite Halloween candy and explain your choices.
2. In horror films, the victim normally runs upstairs while the killer is chasing them around the house. If you were to write a “what not to do” handbook for future characters in horror films, what would your chapter titles be?
3. If there was a monster under your bed, what would it look like?
4. I Know What You Did Last Summer follows a group of friends who are trying to keep the details of last summer under wraps, while being stalked by a killer with a hook. What is something you did this past summer that you did not share on social media?
5. If you were to provide a trick instead of a treat, what would your trick be?
6. How long can you wear a Halloween costume before wanting to change into something else? Please provide a specific amount of time.
7. What Halloween decoration could we, as a society, do without?
8. The songs, “Thriller” and “Monster Mash” have really cornered the market on “background-song-for-a-slideshow-of-student’s-Halloween-costumes”. What song was at the top of the Billboard Top 100 list the year you started high school? (You can find this on Google). Did you like the song?
9. What is your favourite Halloween-themed movie?
10. Bobbing for apples is a cliché party game that poses multiple health risks. If you threw a Halloween party, what activities would you provide?
1. Tell me a scary story.
2. Put two minutes on the clock. Type as much as you can about anything pumpkin related, before time expires.
3. List all the costumes you’ve ever worn for Halloween.
4. Are you a scarecrow or a jack-o’-lantern?
1. Not sure about 5, but…
1. Skittles- I love them and eat them when depressed, angry,etc.. Comfort Food!
2. Fun Dip- Especially the Blue Rasamatazz. Fun to eat, turns your teeth and tongue blue, the stick is delicious..Yeah, I am like 12 at heart!
3 Smarties- Flavorlicious!
4. Rice Crispy Treats- Rice Krispies and Marshmallows, What’s not to like?
5. Let’s go with Snickers or Tootsie Rolls
2. Chapter One- Stop Having Sex.. This is definitely Not the time for it. You need to stay alert!
Chapter Two- Don’t Run Back Into The House Or Barn..You are safer behind a tree.
Chapter Three- Stay Downstairs..If you do go upstairs, Don’t look out the window. The Killer is probably hanging there..you are better off downstairs with easy exits.
Chapter Four- Stay Out Of Nearby Cars.. unless you know how to hotwire them.
Chapter Five- Stop Screaming!.. You just draw attention to yourself. Try to escape silently.
3. Good Question. Probably an Alien Fuggler of some sort.
4. The only social media I use is WordPress and I share most everything so, this doesn’t really apply.
5. I have always wanted to blindfold someone and place their hands in cold cooked Spaghetti…WORMS!
6. Depends on the costume. I love dressing up and like to stay in costume all day on Halloween without the face makeup.
7. Wifi Board, Fortune Telling stuff. Halloween should be fun, not seriously inviting evil spirits into our world.
8. 1980, I started High School and ‘Another One Bites The Dust’ was the Top Song. I still love that entire Album from The Game. 1984 was the year I graduated High School. ‘Relax’ was at the top of the U.K. Singles Charts and the #1 song in the U.S was ‘Lets Go Crazy’ by Prince and The Revolution
9. Friday-The-13th. The entire series!
10. At my party, we would have a Costume Contest and Scariokie.
Bonus Question Answers:
1. When I was young, I thought there was a Ghost or Angel in my room.. when I touched it, it’s head fell off. Upon turning on the light, I discovered it was my clothing on a chair.
2. The other day I bought a good sized Pumpkin and made Pumpkin Seeds. I love Pumpkin Seeds especially with Sea Salt. I usually can’t eat them from the store, but fresh from the Pumpkin and baked is delicious! I also like Pumpkin S
3. Costumes I remember:
Princess, Milk Carton ( sang ‘Time For Milk’ when Trick-or-Treating), Elvira,Clown,Killer Clown, Ghoul,Octomom (took all the children with me to the Bar because I couldn’t find a Sitter),Headless Person, Zombie Cheerleader, Zombie Ragdoll,Sexy Cat, Angel,Carrie,
4. I am definitely the Scarecrow and have even karaokied ‘If I Only Had A Brain’!