Yay, and Boo for being the final Captains Quiz, but at least I can participate and I am sure some more will come next year!
That being said,. Here I Go:
1. Santa Claus is on a health kick this holiday season. Instead of milk and cookies, what snacks would you leave out for him?
I love raw vegetables so how about some Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets with sides of Ranch And Hummus for dipping. As for a drink, you can’t go wrong with a thermos full of hot water and his choice of flavored, herbal tea. Grab some honey or sugar cubes for the Reindeer while you’re on the way out!
2. Picture your 8-year-old self. You are home alone during the holidays, when burglars try to break in to your house. What do you do?
Burglars?..Oh, Heck No, I would be hiding somewhere and when they didn’t notice, I would sneak out.. maybe through a window, and run to my neighbors house to have someone call for help. I’m 8! Who am I to encounter a Burglar?
3. Have you ever bought a gift for someone else that you wanted to keep for yourself? If so, what was it?
Yep! A long time ago, I bought a stuffed bear for my BFF who collected stuffed animals, for Christmas. But, I fell in love with it. When I visited her house and saw the way she took care of things…or didn’t, I came home and unwrapped the bear keeping it for myself, and bought her a different stuffed animal that wouldn’t show dirt as much. No, I never told her and probably never will.
4. Which would you rather build: a snowman or a snow fort? Explain your decision.
A Snowman! I love Snowmen plus, it takes a lot of work just to build those! I don’t like playing in snow because I don’t really like cold weather. Plus, the song is ‘Frosty-The-Snowman’ not ‘Frost House-The-Snow Fort’
5. It is your job to remind others to drive safely in treacherous winter conditions. Write a Public Service Announcement that will play on the radio this winter.
Ladies and Gentlemen:. May I have your attention please! Due to the cold front coming through and other treacherous weather conditions in your areas; we would like to remind you to please drive safely this Holiday! You don’t need to drive to fast over the River or through the Woods to reach your destinations. Thank You.. This has been a Public Service Announcement.
6. There is a holiday party at your workplace and everyone must bring in one dish of food to share. What are you bringing?
Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl. My Spinach Dip is a bit different than the package in that I don’t like Water Chestnuts… Heck, those don’t even roast on an open fire!.. and I use Black Olives and lots of Garlic. Plus, with the Bread Bowl, the plate issue is at least partially solved.
7. Someone got you a hippopotamus for Christmas because you insisted, “only a Hippopotamus will do”. How did they give it to you?
Some people can be super nice and creative in gift giving! I love my Hippo! I was told we were going to visit the Zoo at Christmas but I didn’t know I would have my own Hippo! His exhibit had purple balloons everywhere.. because that’s my favorite color.. and I got to feed him and brush him. I named him Hilbert and I can visit him anytime I want because he’s mine.
8. What advice would you give someone who isn’t good at wrapping presents?
Here, Let me teach you like my mother taught me. Lay the paper down and put the box on top. Now cut around the box. Cute even for the edges if possible. Okay. Now fold the side across the back like so and tape. Then, crease the edges like this and fold, now tape. If you want to add extra tape, that’s fine. Add your bow and tag at the end.
9. In the movie, Home Alone, Kevin McCallister says, “Be sure to bundle up if you go outside. It’s a little nippy.” How do you stay warm when it’s cold?
It was cold today and I went to Starbucks. But on normal, cold days, I prefer to bundle up in my pajamas and robe and slippers, if I have nowhere to go and read books or watch movies while drinking something hot like Cocoa, Coffee or Tea. If I have to go out, I prefer to bundle up in Sweats and Long Sleeves as well as a warm jacket preferably with a hoodie and boots
10. Are you a Dasher or a Dancer? Why?
After my morning Coffee, I can become a Dasher but that depends on my plans for the day. I am also a Dancer as I have been known to dance to the music in the grocery stores and casinos if it’s any good. So, I guess I am a combination of the two. Hey, maybe you can call me a Dashancer!
1. Santa is about to put you on the naughty list this year. Convince him he’s making a mistake and that you were a good person in 2021.
Dear Santa,. I don’t understand. Let me share some of the nice things I did this year. I have given food to the hungry. I even volunteered at a Food Bank. I have done favors for and helped my friend when she was sick. I have tried to remember Birthdays and other occasions and wished people well. And, despite my age, I still believe in you and the Spirit of Christmas. I do hope you will reconsider.
2. There have been allegations that Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was bullied by his fellow reindeer. The North Pole calls you in to give the reindeer a stern talking-to. What do you say?
Gather Round Everyone! – You know, I remember what it was like to be bullied for being different. I was the smallest and skinniest child in class. I was called ‘Skinny Bones Jones’ and ‘Sticks’ plus, I wasn’t good at sports so I was always the last to be picked on the team. It really hurt my feelings and it took me a long time to get my self-confidence back. I want you all to put yourself in Rudolph’s shoes..or nose.. and see how you would like it. There won’t be anymore Reindeer Games if I get this report, again!
3. On the television show, The OC, Seth Cohen created Chrismukkah as a way to celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. Meanwhile, on Seinfeld, George Costanza’s family celebrates Festivus – a secular and non-commercial holiday – on December 23. Create your own alternate winter holiday and tell me all about it. What’s it called? What are the traditions? Who can celebrate?
Window Look Out Day! This is the one day when you look out the window and admire the beauty! Yes, it’s cold out. So, light a fire and stay warm. But, be extra thankful for the natural beauty God has provided. Watch the Birds or Deer, whatever is in your area, and throw them some extra food. Teach your children about others who live in cold climates like Iceland or the North Pole. Pop some Popcorn, as well. This is one day to Be Thankful, Focus on the cold, and stay Warm. I think the end of January would be appropriate. Let’s make it the last Friday of January each year and give the children a 3 day weekend. Their parents can take over for one day.
Answers are due by Festivus – next Thursday, December 23 at Noon! Results will be posted on Christmas Eve.